Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] BBC E-mail: Torpedo fuel to blame for Kursk loss

I don't mean to under mine your warning, but more people
have die as a results of nuclear submarine reactor incidents
than with peroxide and we still use keep putting 'the old
glow in the dark' in subs without any intention of stopping.

(Granted, they are a lot more nuclear submarines in operation,
but there has also been a lot more money and time spent
reseaching atomic power.)

>From a lot of aspects H2O2 is safer because it isn't
dumping lots of radio active stuff into our food chain.

I think H2O2 has a place in the future of submarines, maybe
used to power a small stirling engine, rather than a turbine
or a rocket nozzel, maybe using it in a fuel cell (that
could possibly also recharge O2 banks at the same time).
i.e. take the energy out of the H2O2 in a slow controlled
manner, also developing an peroxide engine that doesn't need
high test peroxide to work would help with safety.

Ian.

--
The moon ate the sun on Monday and it was an awsome sight to see.