RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] New Design

Thanks for your comments,

I planed to put the MBT's on the underside surrounded by the battery pods to
give more freeboard, however I think that whatever I gain in freeboard I
will lose in surface stability. I was hoping to be able to have the hatch
open on the surface, but I don't think this will be possible without some
form of conning tower.

I plan to put the hatch hinge on the forward edge so that it will not be
fouled by the fairing behind the pilots head. Hopefully this will also make
access to the "driving position" easier. I appreciate the point about
forward visibility and it is something I hope to address with the Mk.II
design (!) I was also planning to install a small view port in the
underside, between the pilots legs which may be beneficial when near the sea
bottom in shallow water.

Thanks again,

Harry