Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] shapeable incompressable filler..any ideas?

Brent,
Thanks for the pointers, I suppose what I should have said was that I
was looking for an actual material filler. Something like a resin or
foam, that will take up deadspace i.e. any little gaps that exisit
between tanks and batteries. Ultimately, I want to reduce the internal
volume as much as possible so that there is not quite so much air
required when compensating for pressure.
So I need something that is easily shapeable (or can be poured) and
will not compress to about 10m (unlike foam!).  I also require it to
be light so I dont affect the centre of balance when using large
volumes of it. It also must be as cheap as possible (unlike resin!)
without compomising the integrity of the boat!
Sounds like the stuff that dreams are made of..does anyone know of
this magical material? what do other ambient sub designers use?
E.M.