Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Fastest Underwater Manned Vehicle

Dewey Mason wrote:

>    If anyone is interested, the Papa reportedly blew a
> transmission on the run due to high vibrations.

The book I have reported that the Papa lost bits and pieces
of the deck.  The vibration was said to be great.

> The Alphas have to engage emergency batteries to exceed 38
> or 39 knots, according to the research Iv'e found on
> them thus far. they also suffer from excess vibration.

Well, that ends my interest in a surplus Alpha: if they
can't break 40 knots, who needs it?

> That came from an ex-soviet designer I spoke with in
> Sept. of 2000.

That's gotta be the most reliable source there is!
Thanks, Dewey.

Mike