From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org]On Behalf Of Herve
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 4:28 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] SUBSAFE

Banishing  is not dictatorial, it is self protection !
There is a liability issue, if someone cause injury with a sub designed from infos gathered at PSUBS, PSUBS will be sued for certain and may be shut down, any lawyer will confirm it.
It happens all the time with murders, assisted suicide, poisoning, bomb making , whatever from infos obtained through websites. do you think psubs would get away ?
Worst: if it is a terrorist, first of all he wont tell you, but if you unwillingly help him, you go to jail. try it.
No matter what, even if someone does not get any info on ballast system because he wants to use propane for instance but designs a sub anyways with info on control system, air system, battery , you are liablebecause  you allowed a weirdo to run a propane sub.
However anybody can ask questions and learn , that is legitimate but if someone is pursuing and insisting because he wants to design a "lethal" sub he should be ignored, I will ignore him, and if banished it is very unlikely that he designs his sub because outside PSUBS it is not that easy to get infos on making subs. and if does it anyways at least somebody else will liable.
Herve