Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Access to FBI files...

Hi All,

I want to kill this horse now. I tried the URL. It's a cleaver
way to get your name, birth state and year of birth. I tried
two different years of birth and got the same "match".

The picture of me on file was a baboon. Personally I thought
I looked better that that. :)

The kicker was the the disclaimer:

	The results shown above are intended for entertainment purposes only,
	and are not guaranteed to be correct.   In any instance where the
	results shown above correlate to your own personal information, no
	matter how complete or partial, is merely coincidental.   The results
	shown above are not meant to be offensive or discriminative in any form
	to any one.  An actual FBI records search is currently not available to
	the public, nor will it probably ever be. Copyright ,
					   1996 - 2000, all rights reserved.

At the very bottom are ads for magazine discounts.

Regards,
Ray

> From: "Captain Nemo" <vulcania@hawaii.rr.com>
> To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
> Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Access to FBI files...
> Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 10:10:33 -1000
>
> All,
>
> A retired Police Captain sent me the following information.  I've given a
great deal of thought as to whether or not I should share it with this group.
Since there's been some concerns about government scrutiny expressed on this
website in the past, I've decided to post this message.

> Ever wonder if the FBI has a file on you?  There is a free website that
accepts and processes anonymous information requests.

> DO NOT fill in the part that deals with Social Security Numbers: not initially
necessary.

> Type in the subject's name and State, and go from there.  If any matches are
found, year of birth will be asked for, and it goes on.

> If there are any files, they will include the file number, date of
investigation, and any pictures available.

> I understand this access is scheduled to be terminated at some time in the
future, but as of this morning it was still working.

> I'm passing this information on for whatever good it might do.  Personally, I
was shocked by what I found there, and you can bet I left a comment on their
page provided for feedback.

> I don't want to clutter Ray's website with a lot of discussion about this; so
please, If you feel the need to reply to me, do so offline.