Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Under water lighting

Thanks Dave,

I was going to try to use a lamp that already has a reflector, sealed beam, if it's available in what I need.  If it turns out that the new style small bulb type of light is better, then I'll want to look at that reflector design of yours.  Sealed beam would be simpler if it's adequate.  No matter what kind of lamp, I'll still be building enclosures good for 500 feet.

Thanks for the response, Dan H.

DBACKIDS@aol.com wrote:

Dan,
I'm pretty sure the bright bluish headlights on BMWs and other new cars are halogen, or at least some sort of flouresent. BTW, if you are looking for a focused beam of light, be sure to have a parabolic reflector with the lamp itself at the focus of the parabola (if you aren't buying the light setup complete, i can send you a drawing of a config that wil give you a perfect parallel beam (of course it will be difused by water), therefore a very high intensity, though small radius.

David