Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] what is the diference k250- k600

On Sun, 12 May 2002 23:48:50 -0400
Dan h <machine@epix.net> wrote:
> A K-350 and a K-600 are almost alike except for the hull thickness.  A
> K-350 has a .250 inch thick hull with .375 inch thick end caps.  I
> believe the K-600 has a .375 inch thick hull and .5 inch end caps.
> Other than that they are the same.

I find it interesting that the end caps are thicker than
the hull.   I had thought that the end cap dome shape would
provide better resistance to pressure than the cylinder body
and hence be constructed of material the same thinkness or
even thinner.  Maybe this is to compensate for the ribs in
the hull.

Maybe there is another reason for the differences.

Anybody have any insight into this?

Thanks,
  Ian.