Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] cubic feet / gallons conversion

You lost me Charles.  Hos can 8 ounces of Hg be 32 pounds?  A gallon of
a liquid is generally taken at room or constant temperature (at or about
32 degrees F).  You really can't measure a gallon of boiling water very
acurately because of the liquid to gas exchange.  And the same for
liquid nitrogen.  That's wht the constant temp or room temp.  At that
point the liquid to gas exchange is minimal.  But a gallon of Hg is the
same as a gallon of water.  It's one gallon.  Ok, the weight will
certainly differ, but a gallon is not based on weight, it's based on
capacity.  A five gallo Jerry Can  will hold about 5 gallons of gas,
diesel, water or Hg.  Five gallons is still five gallons.
Carl

--
Watch your thoughts; they become words....
Watch your words; they become actions....