From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
[mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org]On Behalf Of Carsten
Standfu?
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2002 3:15 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: anymore--pressure test

I have not - only shallow water test with Sgt.P.
- but will do it with CSSX in 2-3 years.

Its a programm like : (All test with crew inside)

1.) Harbour test dive to bottom at about 33 feet (10 m).

2.) Baltic Sea test dive to bottom at 66 feet (20 m).
3.) Baltic Sea test dive to bottom at 164 feet (50 m).
4.) Baltic Sea test dive to bottom at 66 feet
    -and divers use look out chamber.

5.) North Sea test dive to bottom at 328 feet (100 m)
6.) North Sea test dive to bottom at 164 feet (50 m)
   - and divers use look out chamber with air.
7.) North Sea test dive to bottom at 164 feet
   - and divers use look out chamber filled with heliox.
8.) North Sea deep test to bottom at 820 feet. (250 m)
9.) North Sea deep test to bottom at 1050 feet.(320 m)
    (only two persons inside.. the welder and Andre :-) )
10.)North Sea test dive to bottom at 328 feet (100 m)
   - and divers use look out chamber filled with heliox.
11.) Deeper diver look out test over 328 feet up to 820
     - but depents more on the divers and boats expirence
     and will be maybe some years later.

It takes the lost of 13,5 tons bouancy -
(10 t softtanks, 50 % of the hardtanks volume and 3 t dropweight)
means 13,7 ts water has to leaking inside before the sub goes on the
final voyage.
Can not believe that a leaking vale will do that in the time we need to
surface.
Calculate collapse deep is 1640 feet.

But still have no idear to prevent that the boat crash into
a sailboat during surfacing. - May should I wait with diving
manovers for a day without wind is blowing ? Or should
I use a grey bouy - looks like a WWII minehead ?

The hit of a modern sailboat lead keel in atomic bomb style
maybe 3-6 ts heavy - will maybe dammage my colours..

Carsten