[PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: pressure test

Dammed - I did a mistake with the CSSX pressure hull design.

Easy I can put the Sgt.Pepper in - There is a o-ring flange in the
main hull at the engineroom area - full diameter. Also I can test
the drive and speed of Sgt.Peppers inside the flooded and pressuresied
33 feet long CSSX pressure-hull and can test both hulls with the same
test
but..

.. I can not make turns with the small sub - CSSX inside diameter
is just 8 feet - and Sgt.P. has 9,8 feet length..

conclusion - some guys have special problems.. :-)

No joke :

In about some weeks I can use the diver look out chamber
as testchamber for small equipment up to a max.diameter of
27 inch (0,7 m) and about 6,6 feet (2 m) length. Pressure
test will done with compress air equal to 820 (1050) feet deep.

If required - with a man inside the chamber - but than with
heliox atmosphere in equal depths greater than 160 feet.

Good Night - Carsten