Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Power controller heating

I know this is from an old string, but I was just looking back through some and realized something. Someone was asking why when the voltage went down, the power controller heated up. This is just a theory, with no basis other than a hunch, but I think it might be simple physics. You have a specific amount of voltage--say x amount of energy. When the voltage is reduced by y energy, (by the law of conservation of energy) this unused y energy must go somewhere. It is not going into force, or sound, or anything other than heat! It's just a guess, but who knows, alot of good ideas come from a guesses.

david