[PSUBS-MAILIST] Actual water pressure

Hi, I'm relatively a newbie to this site...I've been lurking around for
the past few months.
I had built and sunk an ambient sub many years back going off of the
Popular Science plans that used a surplus aircraft wing tank.  Mine was
sooo surplus that the top rusted off of the bottom during a dive and the
bottom is still sitting about 40 feet down on  a murky lake bed.

Anyway, I'd like another stab at this project, but this time I'm going
to do it right and build a 1 atm design.  My questions are, what are the
actual pressures that will be subjected on a sub at 250 feet, 500 feet,
1000 feet.  I know these will be somewhat approximate, but these numbers
will give me an idea of some design goals in the strength and maximum
depth.  I'm looking more towards the area of a 2 person short duration
sub and I really don't need super depth capability, but if I can go
lower without significantly increasing the costs of
building...everything is open to negotiation at this time.

Troy Hambly