From: Garry Muir [mailto:garry.muir4@virgin.net]
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2002 1:38 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] which CAD program for a Mac?

I know the "which CAD?" question has come up before, but I have a new twist. My wife just gave me a new MAC, and I've always been a PC guy. Do any of our resident CAD gurus have a recommendation? On my PC I've been using QuickCAD, which is a cheap 2D "cad lite" from the makers of Autocad. I love it, although I'd also like to do some 3D work. Key factors are ease of use, and low cost, since this is after all a hobby.

thanks,

Alec

--
Hi Alec

I have been using Vector Works 8.5 on an iMac running OS 8.6, I am new to CAD so I am still finding my way around the program,but so far so good, a friend who studied industrial design rated it highly. I do not know if Vector Works is available for OS X but do know it runs on OS 9.

                        Regards, Garry