Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] New boy trying to sink

Brent,

Your design looks good but I have some doubts about the idea of an ambient
dry submersible. I am not an expert on dry subs (or any subject) but I think
there are some special problems. The volume of your sub will be around 3
cub. mtr. This means (and correct me if I am wrong) you need 6000 ltr of air
for pressure compensation at 20 mtr..  If you want to go up and down a view
times you need an awful lot of air. And what happens when you, during a
descent,  suddenly get out of  air. The sub will go down like a rock.

I also think that a petrol motor in a closed environment like a sub might be
a little dangerous (explosions).

If you want to keep the costs low, and you don't want to go deeper than 20
mtr. why not skip the petrol motor, make the sub smaller, and build a 1 atm.
sub?
Greetings,

Thijs Struijs