Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] My New Submarine

What'sup with this site!  Is everybody from Minianapolis or wot ?
----- Original Message -----
From: Gregory Snyder
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Saturday, May 04, 2002 6:56 PM
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] My New Submarine

Dear Gentlemen –

It is with much anticipation that I await my first arrival.

As it so happens, I was the proud winner of the eBay auction for the small Sport sub used in the filming of “Zeus & Roxanne.”

If you recall, this was a charming Steven Guttenberg film that is essentially “Benji meets Flipper and together they foil the Bad Guys” type movie.

Overall, moderately lame – But great shots of the Sportsub!

It turns out that this trusty little ship had been converted to a lawn ornament by the Prop’s manager from the movie.

His children have been using it as a playhouse for the last few years but had no real interest with it and the family is now moving, so the Sub has to go.

I couldn’t resist!  The little ship was crying to be saved.

So, I am now in the process of arranging shipping from Her current grave in Thousand Oaks, California sight unseen, to her

New home port in Minneapolis, MN.

I just need to get her picked up and packaged at the residence, loaded on a truck and shipped to my door.

Any suggestions as to a good shipping Company?

I have only a limited idea of what sort of shape she’s in, but am going to push to have her running in time to

claim victory at the first running of the Regatta.

I’ll send pictures of the arrival.

Most Sincerely,

Greg Snyder