Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] This was Star Trek stuff yesterday

No joke man!  My grandfather was raised on a farm in Missouri and they
didn't use any tractors.  Mules and he stuff they dragged.  He is still
to this day amazed at all this new stuff they have out.  Though he
disagrees with the history archives on some stuff.  Like the first
helicopter.  History says the first experimental flew AFTER WW2.  Well
he says he saw one just a few weeks before he was discharged in early
'45.  He was in the navy and saw this ugly God-foresaken craft hovering
in the air over a ship just outside Phily (I think it was Phily).  He
was USN on a refridgerator ship in the Europian theater.  He also told
me a story about a nazi sub that got clipped by depth charges out in the
Atlantic.  The sub came practically straight up out of the water like a
rocket, stern first.  Went crashing back down in the water and that was
it.  Last they saw of it.  There were some sub sailors they rescued, but
he said they died a pretty painful death within a day or so.  He said
they had the bends.
Carl

--
"No man who is not willing to bear arms and to fight for his rights can
give a good reason why he should be entitled to the priviledge of living