Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Alien sub

On that note;  I once built a large water fountain bowl, 16 foot in diameter, out of
concrete that I poured into a mold I made out of sand, with a little portland cement
added to keep it together.  I was thinking of using that same idea for making a "one
time use mold" for a fiberglass nose for my K-350.  Of course the surface finish of
the mold would have to be refined better for fiberglassing, but sand is a cheep and
easy medium to work in.  Just make the shape in reverse, smooth out the interior, lay
it up and SMASH the mold off!  Sure would reduce the chance of another sub pulling
along side with the identical nose form.

Dan H.