Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Alien sub

	According to a pal of mine in patent law, this is a constant
battle in the patent business apparently. There are an awful lot of people
who can't grasp that not relying on prior art (you know, like physical
law) is not in any way a mark of innovation. Just because it's different
doesn't mean it's good. And I too have seen some scary 'experimental'
aircraft at the shows down here in Tucson, but with a different twist.
Some times I can't tell the mock-ups from the actual experimental aircraft
at all. Luckily we have an excellent homebuilt community to rat this stuff
out before it takes root.
	Nice thick steel tube and hemis are a wonderful thing. Just wish
my dad could make that section of 30" tube at Titanium Fab Corp. make it's
way to my shop. Has anyone used Ti in a PSUB? I've worked it before and
grew up in the Ti fab business thanks to my father, and scrap of all sorts
(Ti-Al4-V6, grade 5) finds its way to the ancestral homestead. That,
incidentally Carsten, might be an excellent solution to your drop weight
corrosion concern. Ti is wonderfully resistant to sea water over extended
time, and very strong. The only down side is it is expensive and requires
a little special care in working/welding to avoid dissolution of
atmospheric trace gasses like H2 or N2 that make it brittle.
	BTW, it's nice to be back with y'all. Has anyone every found a set
of the K-600 drawings? Last I heard George had the only set from his
Lloyds classification and it was a little 'messy.'

					Take care,

							John

John Brownlee
Chief Systems Administrator