Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Alien sub

Phil Nuytten wrote:

> All:
>         Regarding the 'Alien' sub . . .I had the opportunity to examine
> the
> thing at DEMA a year or so, ago. The sales guy (or investor, or promoter,
> or builder)  said "You look skeptical . . " I said "well . . .this is the
> look I would wear if you took me out to the parking lot and pointed to
> your volkswagen and told me you had fitted it out with a booster rocket
> and
> were planning to visit the Space station  this afternoon." He was not the
> slightest bit amused.

Hey! Don't diss my wheels, man! (or would that be "Don't diss my flames"?)

But seriously, what are these guys credentials? Ph.d in engineering? Watched
"Hunt for the Red October" one too many times, then read the introduction to
"Manned Submersibles"? Do they have any other products that are less
questionable or is this the norm? Have they claimed to have actually taken
this thing down 1000ft? Is there anyone else claiming that it has done so? Am
I goin to get some weird dudes from Area 51 knocking on my door for asking
too many questions?

Anthony