Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Propane tanks

Ya know, this is the same subject, pretty much as what I found in
another forum I frequent.  Safety versus cost.  In the other forum it's
involving the improvisation of reserve air tank for hookah diving.  This
one guy said that a tank designed for it is about $45 while he could
make one out of PVC for $23.  Ok, sounds great.  Might work.  But, if it
doesn't work, is that $22 worth the possibility of losing your life?  Of
course not.

Same thing with propane tanks.  I won't come down on anyone or the idea
of propane tank as a submarine.  Hell, I had that crazy thought running
through my head when I was a young kid, and it still comes up
periodically.  Probrobly because a propane tank does resemble a
submarine somewhat.

In the end it's far cheaper to build a sub from scratch than to use a
used propane tank.  Cause if it crushes, and you survive, you may soon
find that the lucky ones die.  The rehabilitation is not only quite
expensive, but very painful.
Carl