Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] New means having alot to learn.

In a message dated 12/8/01 6:38:25 AM Eastern Standard Time, phil.willis@wanadoo.fr writes:

So thanks to Stan Freihofer, I am in fact looking for a 1 atm 2 man Ambient Dry sub

Actually, I think I misunderstood you and owe an apology.  You said you were building an ambient pressure vessel.  I took "ambient"  and "pressure vessel": to be contradictory terms.  I think you meant "ambient pressure"  and "vessel".  I also think I confused you in the process, since I was confused.  I'm sorry.

I think what you want is a 2 man ambient dry sub.  A 1 ATM sub uses a pressure hull to withstand external water pressure at depth, while the cabin remains at surface pressure (1 atmosphere).

Sorry I misunderstood you because you were actually quite clear....

Stan Freihofer
2 man Ambient Dry
Ft. Lauderdale