Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] pressure hull depth calculator

> Paul Carr wrote:
>
> This may be old news to some of you, but I found a great DOS program
> which models pressure hull stresses. Its a very simple way of
> determining design parameters for a given depth or visa versa.
>
> this is the program:
> ftp://ftp.adnc.com/u7/deepseap/up_v301/updos301.exe

I've run it.  It's impressive, and the references are good ones.
I'll see if I can get the books, if anyone else is interested.

Here's a very simple one, and it uses the same formula:
http://www.webcom.com/sknkwrks/hullstrn.htm

I rewrote it in Visual BASIC.

> this is a manual for a latter version, but it has lots of information
> which i found very useful:
> http://www.deepsea.com/pdf_manuals/up_ver4.pdf

The manual is 12585K, which means for me 1:30:00 in download
time.  Yes, that's 90 minutes.

Mike