Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Ballon recovery was: Sub Safety

Okay - but a shallow water sub (300 feet )has a only small material
thickness in the
shell of the pressure hull - indicates plenty of reserve weights
in the bouancy/displacement calculation. That can be better used for
bigger
drop weights - if required. Only the stability calculation limit the
size of the drop weight - it is nessesary that after releasing the
weight
the stability on the surface is still positive...

Drop weights are much quicker than ballons to release, cheaper and from
a mechanical point - more safe.

- In General you have your blown ballast tank.
- Even the blown or pumped trim tank alone will alos surface the boat.
- The drop weight will surface your boat.

- An additional system can be added if you want or require - but why ?

see you Carsten - We have used two parachutes in some planes - but not
at one person :-)