Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Underwater Anchor System

--- Eliezer Rodriguez <eliezer_rodriguez@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi;
>
> It will be quite interesting to have an underwater anchor system to maintain
> the position of the sub especially underwater and in strong current
> conditions
> The idea is like this, use an electric 12v winch for the system with a
> remote controll to power in, out and free wheel.This system will be for a
> sub that goes no more than 150 feet deep and will prevent from currents
> slamming your sub to underwater cliffs or rocky walls. The only problem I
> forsee is, how do you prevent the water from going in? Does a kind of lip
> seal surrounding the cable would do? Any inputs will be welcomed.

Avoid leakage?  Easy, mount it externally (perhaps within some fairing to
minimize drag)

That said, you'd want a manually-operated super-reliable low-tech KISS method
of casting it off under load.  Worst thing in the world would be to be
well-anchored and the anchor gets stuck and, well, you see where this leads I
think...

-Lew

=====
"The sins of the preacher are confessed in the sermon."
             - Cotton Mather
=====