Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Life support

Title: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Life support
on 30/9/01 10:23 PM, Matt Cadieux at compkid15@earthlink.net wrote:

Can any do me a favor and possibly describe there subs life support system.  What is better an air supply or a pure oxygen supply with C02 scrubbers.  How are you maintaining the 1atm of pressure?  I am not looking for a long or deep diving setup. I'm looking to use a MAX of 4 SCUBA tanks to support 2 people.  Dive depth would be less than 50 feet.  Any help would be greatly appreciated or if anyone has a specific thing I can research that would also be very helpful.

                                                                               Matt Cadieux

matt,

I don't know  if this will help.

My cabin air design is controlled by three 88ft3 scuba tanks for main air and one 123ft3 tank for reserve air.

The three tanks are connected to a 3600psi regulator that requlates the pressure down to 100psi.

Next the air supply connects to a flow meter (5-80 lpm). This gives me a measurable flow of air (1,2,3 persons).

Pressure relief is controlled by an external polited pressure relief valve.

www.uk.norgren.com/ (go to products, select from air preparation - relief valve, then go to pilot operated). This valve is the best for the job I found and believe me, I spend hours looking around the world. They cost around approx $250us.

This is my ambient design, basically, without going into to much depth.

Brent Shaw
New Zealand