[PSUBS-MAILIST] Ripley's Believe It or Not

Hello Folks,

Seems like the press is really catching interest in PSUBS these days.
I just got a phone call from the "Ripley's Believe It or Not" television
show looking for someone who has a psub project that they can highlight
on an upcoming segment of their show.  I was contacted by a researcher
who said they still have to pitch the idea to the producers and SONY,
but if all goes smoothly they would want to shoot the segment in
3-5 weeks, but are willing to work around a reasonable schedule.

The gentleman said they would require shots of the psub in water and
submerging.  That means if you are just in the beginning stages of your
design or don't expect completion within a few months (at the most) you
are not a candidate.

If you are close to finishing your sub and expect to be in the
water within a month or two, OR you have an existing sub and are
currently working on another one, you qualify.  One other requirement
is that the person has to be a "regular" person, not a business or
manufacturer.

A couple of names that come to mind are John Farrington and
Carsten, who I have already contacted.  If anyone else fits these
requirements above and would like to talk to Ripley's about being on
their TV show, contact me and I'll provide you with the email address
for the Ripley's researcher.

Oh, and of course, we'll expect you to wallpaper the outside of
your psub with PSUB.ORG bumper stickers for the show.  (Just Kidding)

Jon