[PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Lines drawings requested

MerlinSub@t-online.de wrote:

> Hi Mike - for Typ II and Vesikko pictures and lines purchase :
>
> Vom Orginal zum Model
> Uboottyp II
> - Die Einbäume -
> Eberhard Rössler
> Bernard & Graefe Verlag
> ISBN 3-7637-6023-7

Thanks.  I'll see if I can order it.  (Did the same author ever
re-release U-Boat?)

> I never have seen linies of Saukko.

Neither has anyone else.  I'm not sure the Finnish Navy has
those drawings.

> I am not sure that you can use this kind of lines for a smaller
> sub because the length to beam ration was 32,4 / 4,1 m = 7,9 on Saukko
> and  28,10 / 3,15 = 8,9 and UB I Types.

I was curious about what fit where on that sub.  It's very small.

> Cssx is much mor compact with 16/2,5 = 6,4 ratio
> with a 7 ft diameter it get 7 X 6,4 = 45 ft long..

CSSX certainly loses nothing by being more compact.  I imagine
you will have very good flow around the hull.

> I can scan the Typ II Lines for you with high resolution -
> which one you ask for : Typ II A, II B, II C, or II D ?
> Which format : BMP, JPG or TIF ?

This would be wonderful!  I'm interested in all of them,
but especially the II C.  What format gives the best
resolution with the smallest file?   I've seen simple
drawings in BMP which became larger as JPG.

Thanks.

Mike