From: MerlinSub@t-online.de [mailto:MerlinSub@t-online.de]
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2001 3:57 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Stiffener question

Hi Alec  and group .. enclosed the WMF test file Jet3a.

I make some size test with this file:

Orginal CAD size :  78 KB
as DXF           : 482 KB
as WMF           : 216 KB
as JPG           :  47 KB

and that means all files to big for the mail list.
Than I change the file to black and white ..
as DXF still     : 482 KB,

during conversation to the other files I reduce
the coulors again two just two.

as JPG           :  50 KB !
(the progamm told me : to save as JPG the coulor has to raise to 264
or so coulors - the picture looks still b/w but has more KB as in
coulor..)

but as WMF       :  29 KB !!

We should send WMF files in two coulors b/w - but it is still
a hard figure to limit the drawing down to this size.

I press the send button and realize that the email file was
raise to 42 KB - over the border. So I am shure it will not survive..

I reduce the plain text in the Email again and hope its now under the
limit..

But It was exact 40 KB and not visible on the mail list after hours.

So I converted it again to BMP format with 26 KB for the attachment -
hope
this work.

Result enclosures, Carsten