RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Stiffener question

DWG is a proprietary format used by AutoDesk, which can be opened by all of the popular AutoDesk applications such as AutoCAD, Mechanical Desktop and Inventor, as well as other CAD
programs that have translation capability.  DXF is a "standard" format openable by even the cheapest of CAD packages (search the web for freeware or shareware CAD software.  You might also
find "viewers", which allow you to view these files without the ability to make changes).  Despite the comparatively large file sizes, DXF is a better choice for the free transfer of info between people
who may be using different software.

To make a drawing viewable by everyone, you need to convert it either to a DWF (web format drawing) or other image format such as GIF or JPEG.

-Sean