[PSUBS-MAILIST] first-timer with (possible) new ideas....

Hey all. I have been lurking on here for about a month now, checking out the different links, categories, pics and discussions and have finally decided to toss out my ideas for you guys to shoot down (G). I will warn you guys now, that I am an enthusiastic SeaQuest fan, and some if my ideas have been based off that that show {yes, I can say the word "Stinger"}. (waits for the laughter and snickers to die down) I have also found some stuff on other sites, not related directly to submarines or submersibles, but that might have some working possibilities. I want to see what you experienced ppl have to say and let me know why these may or may not work. Here is one idea that I was wondering about.

One of the other site groups I have been looking at have been about electric cars and such. One site (http://store.wilde-evolutions.com/) have a few items about electric motor conversion, that work with the vehicle's present transmission. What I am wanting to know is would it be workable to take an EV's motor and transmission and install it into a submersible. Since we would be dealing with batteries over liquid fuel, there is no need for oxygen for combustion, nor exaust either, just the usualy chlorine and hydrogen that any battery powered submersible would have to worry about.

Cris, aka the water kat
virginia beach, va