Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] locations

Hi Matt,

For privacy sakes let's not. Wayyyy back in the early history of PSUBS
we did this. Then one guy got pissed about something (I am not going into
details again, I want it to die!) and said, "Hey, I know where Ray lives,
I am going to sue unless....")

Also all information shared via the listserver is not private. Matt you just
gave your phone number not only to every PSUBer but to every curious
browser that might some day see your number in the archives.

The best approach is to make a list of what states, providences or countries
we are in. Then if anyone is close to you you can send personal e-mail
to that specific person and trade more personal information in a
more private manner.

My interest is to make sure no one gets burned. Internet abuses have happened
in the past and not everyone may realize just how unsecure the net may be.

Regards,
Ray

P.S. I am in Oregon, USA.

> From: "Matt Cadieux" <compkid15@earthlink.net>
> To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
> Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] locations
> Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 15:50:05 -0700
>
> I think we should all send around are locations it would be nice to know where
everyone is from, and how close you are to everyone else if your close enough
and need help it would be nice to know there is someone you could call or see
locally.  I thought it would be a good idea.

>                     Matt Cadieux
>                     Westport, Ma
>                     (508) 679-5288   <---or sign like that
>

>             Maybe someone should make a file with everyone's location and post
it on the  psubs website that way when it comes time to have like a convention
or something we all know where everyone is.