Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Center of gravity Vs. Center of Bouyancy

For day to day life in the boats that's certainly true; I really liked the
airconditioning and showers on the Hamilton (SSBN 617 Gold 1968-69) and it
was wonderfully high tech, for 1968 anyhow.

However, I wouldn't have missed my time in diesel boats for anything.
Probably because I grew up watching all those WWII submarine movies.
Getting to actually run those boats was a dream come true. The first time I got
to hear "Clear the Bridge" and dropped down thru the conning tower into
control to run the bow planes, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. I'm still
working on the Torsk a few times a year, although, unfortunately, it'll never sail
again.

Greg
DBF