Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Newbie Alert!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Morley" <steve@Visions-FX.com>
To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2001 4:02 AM
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Newbie Alert!

> Hi All,

Hi Steve,

> "I've been playing around with a design for a one-man wet sub"

There are some wetsub builders here; maybe they'll share their experience..

"I'm sure I'll have tons of questions over the next year or so."

If I can help, I will.

"how many of you built (or are  building) a scale model of your design to
test design parameters?"

Yes, I built a scale model of my HYPERSUB design to see how it would sit and
move in the water; learned a lot from it, and was more confident I was
heading in the right direction when I built it out of steel.

 " I was considering building a 1/4 scale RC model first off to see if my
ideas for controls will work etc..."

Good idea.  Make working models of systems, too, and see how they operate.
Good way to experiment with ballast tank layouts, plumbing, and such.  If
you want more help with model subs, try the SUBCOMMITTEE. a website
dedicated to R/C subs.  Try www.subcommittee.com

>" My design is not for going terribly deep, and is more for recreation than
anything else."

Me too.  I'm an individual craftsman working in my own shop on homebuilts,
like yourself.

> "Anyway, just thought I'd introduce myself, ttyl.  TIA> Steve"

Good luck with your project.  Send me a scan and I'll try to help if I can.

Pat Regan
vulcania@interpac.net