Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] reading material

sarahpeck71@hotmail.com writes:

> right now I'm trying to get submarine books and have them coming in from
>  different libraries all around. Is there an easier way to obtain them?  I
>  need to start from the beginning. Where should I start (with which reading
>  material in particuar)? -sarah

I started off with "Build your own Underwater Robot," which covers some sub
history (and a brief mention of the NewtSuit, which was slightly surprising
to me), cartesian divers, ballast tanks, habitats, gliders and two ROVs. It's
a good book to get your feet wet with and will familiarize you with the
basics of subs (the SeaPerch ROV is suprisingly good at that, especially with
figuring out neutral buoyancy).

The only other book I can think of right now is "Manned Submersibles" by R.
Frank Busby, which apparently is a great source of info but near impossible
to find-especially at a price which falls within my budget (the cheapest I've
seen was $50, but some can be as high as $150 or more).

Anthony