Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] sub

sarahpeck71@hotmail.com writes:

> ok. i guess i was also thinking along the lines of those children's toys
>  that are usually eyeballs.  you put them in your hand and the eyeball
always

>  remains facing upright so it doesn't matter so much about what is going on
>  in the inside of it, but you can move the outside ball around in your
hand.

>  (There is that water layer between both balls) I don't know how that could
>  translate to the submarine... if it could somehow. -sarah

I've done a bit with BEAM Robotics, and a somewhat popular type is a rolling
ball that can track a lightsource by shifting weight around inside, which
might be a good system to look into. My connection isn't working right now so
I can't double-check www.solarbotics.com, but I am quite sure that they sell
a 'bot like that.

Anthony