[PSUBS-MAILIST] new comers ROV questions

Thanks for the input
As for the 35 LB anchor, it is attached to a lift bag
and line coiled up inside. When the victim is located,
I can inflate the lift bag to mark the spot. The
surface current is slow on this river, the strong
currents are on the bottom. With the under tow this
creates you don't want to work alone. The vis is
between 2 to 4 feet making it impossible to stay with
a buddy. Each diver works with a pick-up boat. But
enough about this.

My ROV is somewhat of a towed for the strong current
searches. Working from a jet sled holding position and
using the motor on the ROV to maneuver back and forth
and keep tension off the cable.
  As for the tow, the water is shallow in some areas
with lots of potential for snagging up. After using a
low light camera w/ultra violate light I was able to
see farther than when I was in the water. The camera
worked well. The problem came from only being able to
search areas where the boat could go. In areas where
there were logs and such in the water, we were unable
to search. It's the areas that are most likely to hold
the victims. I think with power and control on my
project, I can search these areas without the dangers
when I'm in the water. In the ocean or a lake I will
be able to use it as a ROV. I'm sure there are things
I will learn along the way, but I should have fun
trying.

Thanks again for the response
Jonathan