Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] NEW LOGO STINKS!!!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lew Clayman" <lew_clayman@yahoo.com>
To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2001 12:41 AM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] NEW LOGO STINKS!!!

> --- Captain Nemo <vulcania@interpac.net> wrote:
> > Yer welcome, Lew.  And the logo's on the PSUBS homepage.
> >
> > Pat
>
> And your "stink lines" point is well taken.  Bubbles would be best, IMHO.

Well, as is the case with a lot of my writings, that post was an attempt at
humor with a grain of truth in it: intended to amuse while suggesting
possible improvements.  The vertical lines could also be interpreted as
garden eels, for that matter.  I just felt the composition was strong enough
to stand alone without them; and that might also be advisable to avoid the
possibility of confusion.  Then again, my humor might have been missed by
some.  So I'll take this opportunity to say I sure hope I didn't disturb
anyone, because that wasn't my intent at all.

> I wish I had more to contribute, but I'm pretty sub-illiterate still.
Thanks to all for
> edjamacating me.

The first step in learning is to say "I don't know, but I'd like to find
out".  Sounds to me like you just did that, and I think that's good.

 As I wrote in an earlier post, when I started developing my first
submarine, it was hard to get information.  Now, with one proven sub, two
hulls-in-progress, and a fourth design in initial construction, I still know
of only one website on the 'net where anyone can go and discuss civilian
submarines.  There are all kinds of participants here: youngsters in school
seeking information for class projects; folks who just have an interest in
subs, and/or like to socialize in cyberspace; people trying to learn how to
go about designing and building their first boat; others who are into the
actual construction of a submarine;  guys who have worked subs
professionally with the best-of-the-best; and some who are the absolute top
of the submersible pyramid.  With that broad spectrum of contributors, there
is usually a lot of diversity to the input posted on this forum. It would be
safe to take it all with a healthy grain of salt; but at least here is a
place where one can get directions leading him where he wants to go in the
world of small submersibles and related technologies.

I only wish there were more sites like this on the web; and maybe one of
these days I'll do more than wish for that.  But for now, as long as I'm
here (and as long as my input is welcome)  I'll contribute what I can,  and
give what help I am able to.  If I don't know, I'll try to steer you towards
someone who does.  So tell me, Lew: what do you want to do regarding subs?
Just interested in talking about them; want to build one; what?

  > And to speak a very different (and to me foreign) toungue, 3's and 8's
to you.

Uhhh..yeahhh...fair winds and following seas to you too, buddy!   ;-)

Pat