Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Info request...

--- MFJudge@aol.com wrote:
> When I was a little kid (7 or 8 years old), I remember seeing a cardboard Polaris submarine
> about 7 to 9 feet long, complete with fish & missiles.  It sat 2 small kids.  It was advertised
> in various comic books in the late '60s and was sold by Johnson-Smith, Company.  Anyone remember
> this?  I'm trying to get a copy of the ad...the original company was unable to help me...thought
> someone on the list might be a good resource for this old bit of sub memoriabilia!

I know a fanatical comic book collector who might be able to help out.  Can you recall what
company's comics this ad appeared in, what characters starred?  DC, Marvel, etc all had different
sets of sponsors - also advertisers might have used say Superman but not Batman.

Yes, it sounds like a silly question, but if we can narrow down the search then I would be happier
asking my friend.

-Lew, who really lives at the fringes of this list and is learning about subs by reading the
postings and gets excited when he might actually know something!

=====
"Take care of yourself.  We're all in this alone."
          - Lilly Tomlin
=====