Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Gasses from batteries

Pat,

I looked at the OPTIMA website and made some comparisons to the Concord
Lifeline series of batteries (flat plate). I was thinking the spiral type of
construction would be at a slight disadvantage from the packaging efficiency.
Looking at the OPTIMA  55 ampere-hour battery the weight was given as 43
pounds or 1.279 ampere-hours per pound. The Lifeline battery at 95
ampere-hour weights 63 pounds for a ratio of 1.508 ampere-hours per pound.
The Lifeline 51 ampere-hour was given at 35 pounds a ratio of 1.457
ampere-hours per pound. Apples to Orangutans?

It's interesting that the AGM batteries stem from the original Gates Sealed
Lead Acid cells. Long live the sealed AGM batteries.

I hope your Nautilus continues to serve you faithfully. I think it's a really
neat Sub.

Ken Martindale