Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Introduction

--- gregc02@attglobal.net wrote:

> The Hunley did worse, she not only went down with her first mission crew,
> (we have to call that a combat loss), but she also killed her previous TWO
> crews. The one being unearthed now is the third.

I stand corrected.  All the more reason to take care!

I've shared the fantasy of building a Hunley, and when well-tested would like to test the
torpedo-ram - with a dummy or harmless (smoke) charge of course.  Still a fantasy, one of many.
The thing I'd want to test is the ramming maneuver and the theory about the tangled trigger-line.

Last night our local PBS re-aired the show where they built medieval catapults (ok, trebuchets)
and poked holes in a 5-foot castle wall at 200 yards with 250 pound rock balls.  Fun.

-L

=====
"I know you know what you know,
 But you should know by now that you're not me."
          - Nasty/McQuickly
=====