Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Introduction

At 09:32 -0400 05/15/01, Jack Skoda wrote:
> Has anyone on the list ever tried re-creating a primitive sub?
>Something along the lines of Fulton's Nautilus or the CSS Hunley?

Jack, if you choose to go the Turtle route (and no doubt there is much yet to be learned about it)
just make sure that you have a very good escape/rescue plan(s) for any testing.  I'm sure you
realize this, but just to be on the safe side, please be aware that it didn't work very well.  The
Hunley did better (and may have been damaged by an explosion) but she also sank on her first
mission.  These were first attempts, and they learned a lot of stuff "the hard way."  I'm not
trying to discourage you - quite the opposite - but drowning can ruin your whole day and lead to a
poor grade on your dissertation.

-L

=====
"I know you know what you know,
 But you should know by now that you're not me."
          - Nasty/McQuickly
=====