Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Another option...

Hi Rich,
   Another option, and a good one. There are three reasons for going the
hydraulic route; 1) Cheap, I have bought the 1 inch cylinders off of
ebay at an average price of $8.00 each, buying them in pairs, I have a
total of ten of them. 2) Infinite positioning. if I move the inside
cylinder 1/2", the slave cylinder mover at the same speed and direction.
3) Complete emulation of the natural hand/arm movement, with no learning
curve. A lesson learned in my ill spent youth trying to beat a hook
machine. You know one of those things where you operate a drop hook
trying to get a toy you could buy for a dime, and you only had to put in
about 75 cents to finally grab it. ;-)
   Your idea of using spring loaded solenoids, however is the answer for
using on the capture jar and the specimen sucker that I want to build.
They didn't lend themselves to the master / slave idea very well and the
solenoid will much simplify there design since they are a open and shut
action.
   I have to digress for a moment and say, "This forum is the best darn
think tank I ever had the privilege of sitting in on". I certainly
appreciate the feed back and I thank you all.
Stan in Mo.