Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Need advice, new builder.

Wow, you guys are great!
   And, again, it's back to the drawing board. It is so wonderfully easy
to design something, such as the hydraulic drive, when your mind is not
all cluttered up with the facts. ;-) All the work and associated expense
was intended to overcome the need for a shaft seal, I didn't know they
were available or as inexpensive as they are. Does anyone have a URL for
a vendor?
   It happens that I already have a good stout right angle drive, and a
one inch shaft to use for straight peddle power.
   > You could probably come up with something
> similar if you could setup a jig (on the workbench, or picnic table;>) and
> experiment with various sized bicycle sprockets.
   This is what I did on a recent project, putting a paddle wheel on a
small cruiser. I mounted the rig on the picnic table, let the blades go
into the fish pond, and measured the thrust with a bathroom scale jammed
between the table and the mount of the wheel. This allowed me to adjust
the blade size and amount of dip. Heaven help me if they ever outlaw
empirical engineering. ;-)
   > Just a little supply bottle and some 3    way valves I expect,
vented overboard. It would save all the mess and (clipped)
   My main thinking here was to be able to have a sense of touch through
the arm. some of what I intend to do is to do mud and biological
sampling. I had envisioned a inner arm that velcroed to my hand and arm
so the outer arm would follow my movement with the same force applied.
The hand assemblies are interchangeable, a three finger grabber, a
sample sucker, and a capture jar.
   I thank you one and all for the ongoing assistance, Stan in Missouri.