[PSUBS-MAILIST] Sonar and Hydraulic

Hi Pat (and all others with sonder/sonars transducers on their subs)
- you were long time on diving station ..

What do you thing : I would like to place 4 standard
fishfinder transducer forward my bow soft ballast tank
in front of the anti-collison bulkhead in different directions.

The transducers himself is completly in the saltwater
- should I seal the inlet from the transducer to the cable with
hard epoxy or better with some soft acrylic or silicone ?
Pressure will be equal to 250 m deep ( 820 feet ) and 320 m (1050 feet)
on deep test trials.

The cable himself is more or less soft so for
me its looks maybe better with soft sealer ??

(A secret request : How deep the NAUTILUS MINISUB was going ?)

Another question to all members :

My hydraulic-cylinders for the rudders and valves
will be outside - for the valves a magnet and a reed contact will show
me a green light for situation - valve is closed - but for the sideruder
and both
deep fins I need a signal back about the angel the ruder/cylinder has
during action. How can I do this - watertight and pressuretight ?

Which outside pressure I can give to an reedcontact ?  Anybody outside
here
with a small preesure-test-chamber and some old reed contacts ?
Same request for the water level indicator inside the hard tanks ..

Bow is pre-assambelt, will be blasting and painted
before conected the both main parts.  Stern section has just started.
Pictures are on the picture-labor - maybe back at the end of the week.
Don't tell me it is big - it is --  big.. Carsten