Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] AC motors

Probably the biggest advantages to using AC motors is not dealing with motor
brushes.  That, and the availability of motors to select from.
A brushless motor and it's pod can be filled with oil with only a little decrease
in it's efficiency but make it resistant to the pressures of the deep.
But in my opinion, the cost of equipment and in power loss to invert the DC to AC
isn't worth it.
I'm sticking with DC.

Dan H.