Re: [[PSUBS-MAILIST] Undersea Habitats]

I've often wondered about undersea habitats myself.  Its been done.  I believe
most are at ambient pressure at a fairly shallow depth.  The hull could be
larger and built on struts.  Float it out to the desired site, sink it, anchor
the struts to the sea floor in concrete.  Equalize the pressure between the
inside and the ambient pressure at the bottom then open the bottom hatch,
crawl inside and kick back in your own Fortress of Solitude!  You could
probably rig some kind of retractable snorkel for getting fresh air.  Does
anyone know how long you can live at saturation at about 30'?

Danny

TeslaTony@aol.com wrote:
Does anyone here know if anyone has ever built their own undersea habitat?
What would it take to build such a habitat?

Anthony