Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Monoethanolamine (scrubber)

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Michael B. Holt wrote:

> A Professor Hostrford in 1863 proposed a scrubber as a part of a
> submarine he designed for the U.S. Navy.  The scrubber as shown
> here is a duct through which the air was blown by a fan.  The air
> passed "through a saturated cloth of soda and lime water."
>
> No, it wasn't actually built.  Would it work?  I have no idea,

    Interesting!  Yes, I think it could work, although the capacity
wouldn't be very high.   The modern granular hydroxide scrubber (usually
CaOH) is really an excellent piece of technology...reliable, cheap, and so
simple you can knock one together in a slow afternoon.  :-)

    BTW, for the inventor types, take a look at:  http://www.delphion.com/
It's a patent server, where you can search for and read tens of thousands
of patents.   (There are a number of similar servers out there as well.)

'Than
Surf the probability curve.