Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] wet submersibles

misujen@pacbell.net writes:

> I am conducting research looking for a wet submersible, capable of
>  underwater flight. The type I would like to find would be something that
>  looks sleek, fast, modern. I am
>  familiar with the work Graham Hawkes, the Bionic Dolphin, K-10 Speeder and
>  the submersibles of BellAqua. Is anyone aware of any other wet
>  submersibles that have a great design? If so, I would appreciate any
>  information that you can provide.
>
>  Thank you,
>
>  Mel

One place to look would be Buckminster Fuller's Dymaxion car. I know that it
isn't a submarine, but it was designed to be a flying car, so it has
extremely good aerodynamics, which should be applicable to an underwater
environment. If nothing else it ought to get you thinking about something
that would work for what you want.

Another place you might try would be miscellaneous concept aircraft, I know
that they aren't meant for underwater flight, but they are meant for flight
nonetheless and have many of the features that you might be looking for in a
sub.

Good luck with your project!
Anthony