Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] VG hull skins

It had been done before with inflatable hulls, works for small and medium size subs, risk of puncture makes this idea not applicable
Herve

----- Original Message -----
From: Richard Gordon
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2001 12:06 AM
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] VG hull skins

Has anyone ever thought about a variable-geometry hull? You could optimize the shape of the hull for either long distance, high-speed cruising, or high manueverability simply by adjusting controls inside the cockpit. I have some ideas for how this may be done, but I'm not sure whether or not it's a practical idea. Opinions please.

Rich